Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Running update syntax at set time

Hi

Is it possible for me to run an update syntax at a certain time say midnight for example?

I'm trying to update a bit field in my table (which acts as a checkbox in my Access front end), but only if three date fields are before todays date. The dates in question are in two other tables.

If so how would I go about doing this?

ThanksHave you looked at Books OnLine and read about the SQL Server Agent and scheduled jobs?|||What's Books OnLine, and where can I find it?|||What's Books OnLine, and where can I find it?Books Online = BOL = SQL Server Help - easily accessed via Query Analyser and Enterprise Manager.

BTW - are you sure you want to derive this overnight rather than at runtime or (possibly) at point of data capture?

No comments:

Post a Comment