Friday, March 30, 2012

RunningValue question

I have a form that uses some header information (like client ID with name, address, etc) and then uses a table for orders that customer has placed. I now need to print something like a page number (but not in the header or footer). When I try RowNumber, this does not work as the dataset is returning multiple records for the first customer and then the next item in the list (the next customer ID) skips the number of records from the first. So I need the first one to have 1, the second to have 2 and so on. I tries RunningValue, but for each record it starts back at 1. What I need is like a counter.

How would I go about this and thanks for the help.

guy,

what was the scope of your runningvalue expression?

Ham

|||I was using the dataset itself and then I tried the table that holds the orders.|||

Try

RunningValue(MyFieldsCount.value,Count,Nothing)

Is will eliminated the scope and you should then get continously counting rows.

Ham

|||Using this I get an error message about aggregate functions only being allowed to use report items contained in the page header or page footer.|||

Guy,

I thought that you were not trying to place this in the header or footer and that you wanted a way to have a continues count of your rows, maybe I'm missing something, are you trying to get a page count, row count, and some of count?

Ham

|||should read "some other count"

No comments:

Post a Comment