Friday, March 30, 2012

Runtime Error '9' subscript out of range

Our company uses MSDE2000 for a Document Creation System. When a user
gets the [runtime error '9' subscript out of range]I have found no fix
without reinstalling the OS. I have not found the cause for the error.
Backups are unable to complete once this error occures. We have un
installed MSDE and reinstalled (also uninstall the software and
reinstalled it)
The five times I have seen this error everything work until the merge
proccess this along with unable to backup makes me think it is MSDE
related.
HELP
Joe Bullington
TechnologySupport
National Network Technology TEAM
One Valmont Plaza - Fourth Floor
Omaha, NE 68154
Toll Free: (888) 837-9709 ext. 3859
Local: (402) 964-3859
Email: joeb@.nnepa.com
General Support Email: support@.nnepa.comJoe NNEPA (joeb@.nnepa.com) writes:
> Our company uses MSDE2000 for a Document Creation System. When a user
> gets the [runtime error '9' subscript out of range]I have found no fix
> without reinstalling the OS. I have not found the cause for the error.
> Backups are unable to complete once this error occures. We have un
> installed MSDE and reinstalled (also uninstall the software and
> reinstalled it)
> The five times I have seen this error everything work until the merge
> proccess this along with unable to backup makes me think it is MSDE
> related.
This sounds like a Visual Basic error to me, so poking with MSDE
may not resolve the problem easily. You should probably debug
the document-creation system, or talk to the vendor if it is a
3rd party product.
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se
Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/productdoc/2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment