Friday, March 30, 2012

runtime dlls issue of PowerBuilder

Hello All,
I have a PowerBuilder application in implementation phase rightnow. I have come to know that without registering craxdrt.dll, crviewer.dll, crdesignerctrl.dll , crqe.dll and crdo32.dll I am unable to preview report. I am not comfortable registering dlls in each desktop so would like to know how does this work in PowerBuilder. I am desparately looking for an answer. If somebody could help I will appreciate that.

Thanks
DilemmaHi, Dilemma. Did you have any solutions for your mentioned problems? It is because i am also facing same problems with you now.

If somebody could help, I will also appreciate that.

Thanks a lots!

Lily|||I am sorry lilly. If you are still struggling to get an answer then feel free to ask me.

Dilemma
http://www.dilemmaguru.com|||Hello All,
I have a PowerBuilder application in implementation phase rightnow. I have come to know that without registering craxdrt.dll, crviewer.dll, crdesignerctrl.dll , crqe.dll and crdo32.dll I am unable to preview report. I am not comfortable registering dlls in each desktop so would like to know how does this work in PowerBuilder. I am desparately looking for an answer. If somebody could help I will appreciate that.

Thanks
Dilemma

I have the same problem, can someone help me
Mike
evolna@.yahoo.com|||Hi there,
Actually i havn't got ur prob clearly.Anyway i would like to put forward whatever i know about how powerbuilder(PB) deals with DLLs.
Whenever PB come across a reference to any Dll function, it will search in 4 locations.
1.The current directory
2.The Windows directory
3.The Windows System subdirectory
4.Directories on the DOS path

hi Dilemma,
i didnt understand why u mentioned the Dlls craxdrt.dll, crviewer.dll, crdesignerctrl.dll , crqe.dll and crdo32.dll . I believe those are crystal reports Dlls. Are u using Crystal reports along with powerbuilder?

arfath@.gmail.com|||Hi I am runnignpowerbuilder 10 and want to run crystal reports from PB. I have the following code :

// create OLE object
g_ole_crx_application = CREATE OLEObject

// connect to craxdrt.Application
gi_return = g_ole_crx_application.ConnectToNewObject('CrystalRuntime.Application.11')
if gi_return < 0 then
MessageBox("Error", "Did not connect to Crystal Application Object")
return
else
MessageBox("O.K", "Connection to Crystal Application Object succeeded")
end if

gs_rpt_filename = "E:\Sybase\Crystal\Inventory Listing.rpt"

// Open the report object
g_ole_crx_report = g_ole_crx_application.OpenReport(gs_rpt_filename)

// Logon to the database
//
// Set connection_info to Report ConnectionProperties

g_ole_crx_connection_info = g_ole_crx_report.database.tables [2].ConnectionProperties

// Delete old connections
// Works with updating older reports
g_ole_crx_connection_info.deleteAll

// Add new connection
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("DSN", "INFODEV")
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("Database", "LinkSOLUTION")

When I run the report I get a message "Login Failed" from Crystal. Would anyy body know what could possibly be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment