Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RunningValue / RowNumber errors

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with this problem. I'm trying to create a running
total using the RunningValue function in SQL reporting services 2005. the
code is below:
=RunningValue(Fields!company_id.Value, count, "CompanyID")
Regardless of whether i include it in my report or if it is just created but
not user i get an error. The error is one of the Send Don't Send microsoft
ones which then proceeds to shut down Visual studio 2005. This happens
whenever the report is previewed without fail.
Has anyone encountered this before and if so could they shed some light on
the problem.
Many thanks in advance,
GrantOn further investigation, it appears that the problem only occurs if i
include the RunningValue code in a calculated filed. If entered directly into
the table it works fine. Could this be a bug in Reporting services?
Grant
"GSwan" wrote:
> Hi,
> I hope someone can help me with this problem. I'm trying to create a running
> total using the RunningValue function in SQL reporting services 2005. the
> code is below:
> =RunningValue(Fields!company_id.Value, count, "CompanyID")
> Regardless of whether i include it in my report or if it is just created but
> not user i get an error. The error is one of the Send Don't Send microsoft
> ones which then proceeds to shut down Visual studio 2005. This happens
> whenever the report is previewed without fail.
> Has anyone encountered this before and if so could they shed some light on
> the problem.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment