Wednesday, March 28, 2012

RunningValue crashes VS

I have a standard report with a bunch of fields and groups within a
table.
I've added a field for a running total:
Field is amount_rt
Definition is: =RunningValue(Fields!amount.Value,Sum,Nothing)
The second I try to preview the report or deploy it, VS crashes.
I figured it might be something with my data, so I changed
Fields!amount.Value to Fields!test.Value where test = 1
Same thing.
The error message gives me no detail whatsoever.
Has anyone seen this before?
ThanksDid you create this field by going to your dataset and adding a newfield, or
just by code in a textbox or table?
<bigbrorpi@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156263917.161190.3160@.b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>I have a standard report with a bunch of fields and groups within a
> table.
> I've added a field for a running total:
> Field is amount_rt
> Definition is: =RunningValue(Fields!amount.Value,Sum,Nothing)
> The second I try to preview the report or deploy it, VS crashes.
> I figured it might be something with my data, so I changed
> Fields!amount.Value to Fields!test.Value where test = 1
> Same thing.
> The error message gives me no detail whatsoever.
> Has anyone seen this before?
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment