Friday, March 30, 2012

Runtime error / Do you wish to debug -- Unspecified error

I hope someone can help us....
We have a database that is using SQL7 and
My local pc = WinXP Pro Ver5.1_sp2
Suspect it is a local setting when I connect for remote access
(Have been using VNC and www.gotoassist.com)
I do not get this error on the other workstation or at the server
I do not connect remote access on the other workstation or at the server
Error will go away when restore from backup (bak)
But will reappear when I connect for remote access again
Windows Server2000 / SQL 7
Visual Studio Debugger unknown exception
Stops at following line
document.all.dbNameTag.innerText = objSQLNSContext.GetDisplayName
(GetParameter("SQLNSCookie"))
function main()
{ document.all.lblLoadingDatabaseInformation.innerText = objSQLNSContex
t.
ProvideLocalizedString("sqlmmc.rll", 4051); document.all.dbNameTag.innerText
= objSQLNSContext.GetDisplayName(GetParameter("SQLNSCookie"))
timer1 = window.setInterval("main2()",1,"JScript");
}
Any ideas why this occurs?
It appears in Enterprise manager after disconnecting either remote access
program listed above.Here is somone else that had same problem we found searching for answers...
[Lew Garrett
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:57:28 -0700
I have completed Chapter 17 of Beginning Active Server Pages 3.0 and I have
a
problem that I haven't
been able to solve. Any guidance would be appreciated.
I have the Bank.mdf database installed on two different computers, both
running XP Professional.
Both are running SQL-7 server. When I use the Enterprise Manager mmc snapin
to access SQL-7 and
double-click the database 'Bank', an htm file, "C:\mssql7\html\database.htm"
should be loaded into
Internet Explorer and displayed in the display window. On one machine, it
works fine, on the other, I
get an error message -- unidentified error -- and the htm file fails to load
.
I have traced the error to line 361 of the htm file. This line is embedded i
n
a <script> block within the
file. Specifically, the line is part of function main. I have excerpted this
function and pasted it here.
code-
function main() /* from C:\mssql7\html\database.htm */
{
document.all.lblLoadingDatabaseInformation.innerText = objSQLNSContext.
ProvideLocalizedString
("sqlmmc.rll", 4051);
document.all.dbNameTag.innerText = objSQLNSContext.GetDisplayName
(GetParameter
("SQLNSCookie")) /*line 361 */
timer1 = window.setInterval("main2()",1,"JScript");
}
The comments are mine. It seems that the code is failing when it tries to
access the parameter
"SQLNSCookie". Does anyone out there know what this object is and can you
point me toward some
documentation concerning it.
Thanks in advance,
--Lew
Michael V wrote:
>I hope someone can help us....
>We have a database that is using SQL7 and
>My local pc = WinXP Pro Ver5.1_sp2
>Suspect it is a local setting when I connect for remote access
>(Have been using VNC and www.gotoassist.com)
> I do not get this error on the other workstation or at the serv
er
>I do not connect remote access on the other workstation or at the server
>Error will go away when restore from backup (bak)
>But will reappear when I connect for remote access again
> Windows Server2000 / SQL 7
>Visual Studio Debugger unknown exception
>Stops at following line
>document.all.dbNameTag.innerText = objSQLNSContext.GetDisplayName
>(GetParameter("SQLNSCookie"))
>function main()
> { document.all.lblLoadingDatabaseInformation.innerText = objSQLNSCont
ext.
>ProvideLocalizedString("sqlmmc.rll", 4051); document.all.dbNameTag.innerTex
t
>= objSQLNSContext.GetDisplayName(GetParameter("SQLNSCookie"))
> timer1 = window.setInterval("main2()",1,"JScript");
> }
>Any ideas why this occurs?
>It appears in Enterprise manager after disconnecting either remote access
>program listed above.
Message posted via droptable.com
http://www.droptable.com/Uwe/Forum...onnect/200508/1sql

No comments:

Post a Comment