Friday, March 30, 2012

Runtime error 3146

hello!
I am currently using SQL 2000 and Access 97. My desktop
used to be Win NT. Recently i migrate to Win XP and I
got this error while SELECTING, UPDATING and INSERTING
record.
Full error is Runtime '3146'.ODBC call failed.
The documentation for this error is quite limited, anyone
can help? I need solutions? Does converting the Access
97 to Access 2002 help?
Thanks and Regards.The error is just generic. My first guess would be an MDAC
issue if by migrate you updated your desktop from NT to XP.
You can always reapply SQL Server SP 3a to make sure your
MDAC is up to date. You could also run the component checker
tool to check your MDAC installation. You can download the
tool, as well as MDAC versions from MDAC downloads at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/default.aspx
-Sue
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:23:52 -0700, "sam"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hello!
>I am currently using SQL 2000 and Access 97. My desktop
>used to be Win NT. Recently i migrate to Win XP and I
>got this error while SELECTING, UPDATING and INSERTING
>record.
>Full error is Runtime '3146'.ODBC call failed.
>The documentation for this error is quite limited, anyone
>can help? I need solutions? Does converting the Access
>97 to Access 2002 help?
>Thanks and Regards.|||hi!
I discover that when i do the same operation on SQL
Server 2000 Professional Edition, it works!
The error occurs when I did the operation in SQL Server
2000 Standard Edition.
Seems like this is the root cause, but cannot confirm.
What do you think?
By the way, how do i convert Standard Edition to
Professional Edition?
Thanks!
>--Original Message--
>The error is just generic. My first guess would be an
MDAC
>issue if by migrate you updated your desktop from NT to
XP.
>You can always reapply SQL Server SP 3a to make sure your
>MDAC is up to date. You could also run the component
checker
>tool to check your MDAC installation. You can download
the
>tool, as well as MDAC versions from MDAC downloads at:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/default.aspx
>-Sue
>On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:23:52 -0700, "sam"
><anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
anyone[vbcol=seagreen]
Access[vbcol=seagreen]
>.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment